Thursday, October 7, 2010

While we are away...

I got this email from Leon this morning... (He's watching the cats for us while we are out of town.) Apparently the cats are taking full advantage of our absence...

The story you are about to read is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

This afternoon after you went to bed, I biked ho
me and then got in the car and got some food and groceries from the Mediterranean bakery and came over to give the cats their food and eat.

I went downstairs, got the bowls, shook the coins, and was surrounded by furry meowing bodies. Then it hit me like a 1956 Cadillac: there were only four cats there for the drop. Jog, Mimi, Ave, and Fa-Fa: Their eight keen eyes bored into my back as I left up the stairs. I shook the coins again.

And then I saw them, the eyes under the desk. Vega. Under the desk, with the shredded remains between her paws. There was not a hint of regret in her eyes. As I picked her up to examine the scene, I whispered something to her that perhaps she will recall as she spends time in the box: "Bad Kitty"

I am attaching the photographic evidence of the mauling. It is not for the faint of heart. Additionally attached is the culprit caught later attempting to purloin my dinner. Shameless.

(yeah, I accidentally left the greenies tucked away on the desk when I left, fortunately there was no ingestion of bag material, just shredding)

No comments:

Post a Comment